Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Comics Birthday

I celebrated my birthday this past weekend. And although I did not specifically plan to do anything comics-oriented, they infiltrated the most important day of the year!

I spent some of the morning reading comics. (Note: this picture was not staged. My mother took it when I was distracted....the only time she can catch me off guard)

And then my dad bought me Owly pins! All my favorite characters are represented on these pins. I also wore three of them the next day and got a compliment....from a ten year old.

The gift package came with a hand-drawn picture and signature.

Also, I bought myself a birthday present -- four issues of Dykes to Watch Out For-- and one of the copies was signed.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I want a signed Dykes to Watch Out For book. I wonder if Alison Bechdel is going on a book tour anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete